Hertz Car Rental

Over Spring Break I spent time in St. Petersburg, Florida and since I was going to be there for a week I wanted to rent a car. As most of you know most car rental places either don't rent cars to people under the age of 25 or if they do there is a hefty fee that goes along with it. I am writing to you all about Hertz Car RentalĀ  . I was searching all over for Car Rental places and the prices were okay until I had to check the box that said "age: 19-24" this immediately changed the price from around $275.00 a week to almost $400.00!

I understand the price increase as most companies look at people our age as a liability but with these prices there was no way I was going to rent. However, i found a loophole. While browsing car Rental companies I came across Hertz and I decided to have my mom rent the car in her name and she put me on the account as a second driver. Apparently at Hertz there is a small charge to add a driver and age doesn't matter. needless to say I had the car for myself all week and my mom never drove it and I was able to keep the price down.

So if any of you plan on renting a car at some point before you are the age of 25, i encourage you to try the same and have a parent or someone over the age of 25 rent the car and just add yourself on as a second driver.

Also, if there is a car you really want but it is too expensive, try haggling, car sales people are suckers just to make a couple extra bucks. I started off renting a 2010 Toyota Camry for $286.00 for the week. When i got there I asked if they had anything a little nicer and the lady showed my momĀ  a 2010 Infiniti G37. She asked her how much and she said $450.00 for the week. She said she loved the car but that was way too expensive, she proceeded to say well "how about $386.00, 100.00 more than the Camry for the week". My mom said I appreciated the offer but I would just stick with the Camry although the Infiniti was a beautiful car. She then said, "well I'm not supposed to do this but how about $326.00", My mom replied with "Deal!".

In case any of you are wondering why I went with the 2010 G37 over the 2010 Camry, I have attached pictures of both to see which you prefer.

2010 Toyota Camry

2010 Toyota Camry

2010 Infiniti G37

2010 Infiniti G37